Jane's blog

- TRAIN HARD - EAT WELL - SMILE LOTS - GET ENOUGH SLEEP - THINK BIG - BE POSITIVE - LOVE LOTS - LIVE LIFE -

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

sore...but worth it

Good morning folks!
As always I did a good solid leg session at the gym this morning. I changed it a bit and did 4 sets of 8 reps and did the exercises alot slower...also changed some exercises. Im now already really feeling it in my muscles, I love that feeling when you get sore straight away.
Did some deadlifts which I normally dont do and they really worked my hammies and glutes! Yay for that area getting worked! *mental note*...I should do more deadlifts in my sessions!!
My roomie is also doing great and has finally started loosing some body fat! Yay!! Its great when we see results from all that hard work!

For some reason Im actually feeling heavier...would that be from taking in the extra cals (from 900/1000cals to 1200cals) and Im lifting heavier weight....its muscle growth right.... My food has been very clean and Im lifting more, so Im sure Ive added some muscle....but its getting to me abit. My clothes are not any tighter or anything like that and I dont think I look fatter. Ahhhh me and my head need to get in the right place again!

This week is week 6 of lifting very heavy weight so I was thinking that next week we'd give ourselves a bit of a break and maybe go alittle lighter and higer reps (3sets of 12reps)...? or do those 21's instead? If we do 21's how many sets would I do...need to do some research me thinks!

well I might go and make myself a coffee...feeling tired now today from training so hard this morning...actually I could do with a power nap! They should bring power naps in at work!!!

Have a fabulous and positive day everyone
Jane xo

2 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger Splice said...

The dreaded "I feel fat day" creep in to all our heads unfortunately. You just need to learn to get past it. You have already determined that your clothes aren't any tighter so that's a great indication. Also, we have the monthly's to consider, fluid retention and goodness knows what else lol.
Just stick to shat you are doing and see if you feel any different in the next couple of days.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Janew said...

Hey deb,thanks :) Yeah I hate when I feel this way..its so easy to get down about it all.I will monitor things as you have suggested :)
hope you are having a cheery day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home