Jane's blog

- TRAIN HARD - EAT WELL - SMILE LOTS - GET ENOUGH SLEEP - THINK BIG - BE POSITIVE - LOVE LOTS - LIVE LIFE -

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

back on track :)

So after still feeling guilty from the weekends craziness, I got up bright and early this morning and headed to the gym with my roomie and we did a HUGE leg session! So we wanted to really give ourselves a challenge...first off squats - 3 sets of 8 reps : first set 50kg, 2nd set 55kg, 3rd set 60kg!! Another PB and a good base of where to start next week for squats.Im learning very quickly that my body can take alot more then I think it can :) the rest of our session was a variety of sumo squats, walking and stationary lunges, calves,hammies. Im soooo feeling it already and know that I worked hard!!

Oh does anyone else keep a train/nutrition diary? My roomie and I have decided too! Should be interesting to see the results on paper. We also took some measurements last night...so Im guessing we'll remeasure in about 4weeks time.

Well I should go now and do some more work and I also have to book in to the hairdressers for a cut and to have my foils done again! Ahhh I love pampering myself :)

Only 4 days left at work...then the weekend!!! Weekends ROCK!



4 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

That is so cool that you have someone as interested in the gym as you are to train with. I would love a friend who was into the gym - and who actually wanted to train together - much more fun when you can push each other a bit.
Andjxx

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Janew said...

Hi andj,yeah it makes it sooo much easier having her there and fun too!I have been training by myself until the last 4 weeks.I always pushed myself hard when I trained on my own but now I push that bit further :)
janexo

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Splice said...

Jane hellloooo :-)
remember a very important key when it comes to training and that is, its not the amount of weight you can do, but its all about the form you do it in. Good form must come first and the increased weight will follow. This will maximize on your muscle gains and prevent injuries. And this is how I was taught from day one.
Yes I love the weekend too :-)
Debs

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Janew said...

Hey ya Deb!Yup good form is always the one thing that I make sure I have and Im teaching my roomie that as well.I always make sure I draw my abs in alittle as well to stabilise the body!Its a cack when you see some people lifting way to much and their body is swinging all over the place!Crazy peeps!!
Hugs jane :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home