Jane's blog

- TRAIN HARD - EAT WELL - SMILE LOTS - GET ENOUGH SLEEP - THINK BIG - BE POSITIVE - LOVE LOTS - LIVE LIFE -

Thursday, July 27, 2006

big blog!

Well last night I did an awesome spin class..really got into it and felt great! This morning my BF, room mate and I all got up at 6am and headed to the gym. My roomie and I did a back/biceps/triceps session. Went really hard and did some more PBs'. I fell totally pumped for it and while doing some exercises I noticed some good muscle development in my arms/shoulders...its like they grew over night or something lol :D

Im also soooo proud of my roomie she is new into the gym environment and doing so very well and also getting some great results! My BF is also into body building and we couldnt help but have a bit of a perve at him as he was training...Mmmmm he has great arms and huge shoulders! ;)

So I was going over my nutrition yesterday and decided to work out my calorie intake.I eat about every 2hrs, lots of vegies and lean protein (and protein shakes) and Im taking in approx.900 to 1000 cals a day. So Im thinking is this not enough?My goals are to reduce body fat and increase muscle.So last night at the gym and I went talked to one of the guys from the supplement shop there and he has advised me that my nutrition is great,very clean but I may want to take in some more protein...so for the next 4 weeks (to give it all time to work) ill take in an extra protein shake and as my other shake ill use 2 egg whites,skim milk & 1/2 tea spoon honey for taste. Did the egg thing this morning before the gym and I actually felt good for it! so ill keep you all posted with my results over the next few weeks.

ok so my training program has changed alot recently, this is where I am now.
Mon: intervals - 30mins in total.
Tues: legs, abs
Wed: chest and shoulders, then spin (RPM) class in the evening
Thurs: back/biceps and triceps, then spin (RPM) class in the evening
Fri: rest
Sat: intervals - 30mins in total. pilates
Sun: rest
Ive been taking my dog out for a walk on Mon,Tues,Fri, Sat , Sun but its very light walking,more so my dog gets out.

I have been doing this program for about 3 weeks now and seeing some good results. My weights set/rep range at the moment is 3sets 8 reps..in a few weeks ill change it to 3sets 12reps for about 2 weeks...bit of a break from the heavy stuff.

Its so much fun now that my roomie is also training, makes it easy to get up in the morning when everyone is up! well except my dog he is never impressed when I get up and wake him and put him outside, especially now its cold here...poor doogy! (Bull is his name) Ive had him since he was 6weeks old and it will be 11years this Aug since I got him :)


Well its almost the weekend!! and Yay I have tomorrow off work....bigger YAY for a long weekend! Im heading to Wollongong to see my family and also to take my BF out for dinner as it was his birthday this week. We are going to a swish restaurant called Panarama house..it over looks all of Wollongong and is Italian and Seafood, so shouldnt have a problem ordering something healthy!!

I hope you al have a fabulous weekend and remember keep on smiling :D



7 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger LizN said...

Jane, given your exercise program, you need to be eating a lot more than what you are suggesting. I would guess at least 1500cals to make sure all that hard training is paying off. Lots of clean protein, fruit, veggies and low fat dairy. Plus a treat once a week doesn't hurt either!
Cheers
Liz N

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Splice said...

Im with Liz on this one. For your muscles to grow they do need more good, clean food.
I dont count calories, I just go with the flow, but I make sure there is enough food to fuel my body.
Your doing really well. I hope you have a great time in Wollongong and enjoy dinner!
Deb

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Janew said...

Thanks girls :) yeah I also feel more calories would be good for me but the thing is I feel very full after I eat my meals...so Im guessing ill have to make my meals them selves higher in cals? Yup I do usually have a treat on the weekends,do you girls find it hard sometimes to eat naughty foods?I do cause I get the guilts!! Cant wait for my Wollongong trip, I grew up there and LOVE going home and seeing the beach!!!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Rae once told me something that has stayed with me about eating "nauty" foods. She told me that if you want to eat something not on plan that you just cannot live without, leave it right till the end of the day. That way you will wake up in the morning to a fresh start and there will be less chance of splurging for the rest of the day.
You sound very focussed though Jane. Good Work!
Andjxx

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Em said...

I'm with the girls you need to eat more!!!
You need to also make sure you are get enough healthy fats too!
I think your doing a wonderfull job so far and this whole getting healthy for life thing is a learning process and you will have lots of fun discovering just how tough you really are;)
Keep it up hun:)
Em:)

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Jane - welcome! Again, I would say increase you intake a bit - you'll know soon enough if its right for you. Have a nice dinner out for your BF's birthday :)

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Janew said...

I guess the only problem that I have though is that my meals that I make and eat fill me up, so Im not sure how to increase my cals in food as such..?just that I eat till Im full and if I went past that feeling my stomach would be too full, like when you over eat.Yeah there is so much to learn and I am so happy that you girls can pass on helpful information to me :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home