Jane's blog

- TRAIN HARD - EAT WELL - SMILE LOTS - GET ENOUGH SLEEP - THINK BIG - BE POSITIVE - LOVE LOTS - LIVE LIFE -

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

food glorious food!

I love to invent new dishes when Im cooking. I think of a theme that I would like to eat and then try and make it so its healthy! its really not that hard either.
this is what I have made lately:
mexican chicken omlette
-3 whole eggs whisked and 1 spinach leaf chopped and mixed into the egg mix
-lightly spray oil on pan and put on low heat. once pan is heated add egg and spinach mix
-as this is cooking add on top:
chopped mushrooms, cooked and chopped chicken pieces, 1 chopped green onion, mexican chilli seasoning and handful low fat grated tastie cheese.
When the bottom of the omlette looks cooked, turn off stove and put pan under the grill until the cheese is melted and egg is cooked.
Side onto a plate and enjoy :)
Ive been making my omlette the night before and then taking it to work the next day and reheating it in the microwave..tastes really good still to!

then last nigth I decided to make Indian vegies to go with our T-bone steak (cooked on the webber)
in a low heated non stick pan add:
1xteaspoon garlic
2xteaspoons whole seeded mustard
1xtablespoon fresh chopped coridander
1xtablespoon fresh chopped parsley
1xteaspoon cumin
1 or 2 teaspoon curry powder - depending on how hot you want it
then add dash tomato sauce and dash sweet chilli sauce (approx.tablespoon of each)
mix mixture together so it combines (remember this is all added while in the pan)
then add what ever vegies you want.
mix through and add alittle water if its drying out to much (1/4 cup) mix until consistency of a sauce and serve! it was sooo yummy with the t-bone!

sweet and healthy snack!
1xwhole egg beaten with 2xteaspoons of hazel nut meal or almond meal.
also add 1x tablespoon of blueberries (I use frozen)
cook in a non-stick pan like a pancake
as cooking mix 1/2 serve of protein powder (I use chocolate Optimum nutrition) with little water to make a paste the add 1x tablespoon of blueberries.
once pancake is cooked pour the protein and berry paste over the top and eat!! Sooo good as a snack and really quick to make
the other snack is the same protein and berry paste but put it over some low cal jelly and eat, also very nice!

So there you go folks some quick, healthy and easy things to make when you are hungry!!

training is great at the moment to! Ive upped my reps cause with all the heavy lifting I have been doing I have grown alot of muscle but I actually like being a bit smaller and leaner. So Im back to 4 sets of 10to12 reps for my exercises and a bit lighter with the weights. I actually went from my normal 55kgs to 57kg when I was lifting heavy! Not to bad to know I can actually grow some muscle. But now Ive dropped back to 55kg. My body seems to be happy here and its easy for me to hold this weight all year round.

Starting back into spin classes this Saturday with Pete, should be alot of fun :) its funny now he is living with me we have so much extra time cause we are not driving back and forth between houses! But we're kinda bored cause we are use to running around like that. So what better way to fill in the time but the throw in a spin class or two!

well I hope everyone is goodly and Im really looking forward to meeting 'Andj' at Easter in a few weeks time :)

have fun and keep on smiling :D
jane xo

3 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger LizN said...

Those recipes sound yum Jane. I like the Mexican one :) I'm going to have to borrow that one :)

Hugs
Liz ;)

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Splice said...

Yummo!! Yes you can make this for me when you move up here ;-).

Im glad its all going well for you and Pete and having more time for each other :-).

I got an sms yesterday that Sanja had a baby girl!

Also, Andj is a great gal have fun when you guys meet up.

Debs

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Janew said...

Go for it Liz!!its really yummy a dish all should enjoy :)

hehehe...deb your soooo cute! but I reckon ill be able to make you a meal when we move up ;)
Thats great about San..I hadnt actually heard!Usually see her hubby Phil at the gym but now I know why I hadnt seen him lately.

yeah looking forward to meeting up with Andj, be great to make some more friends before we move to QLD!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home