Jane's blog

- TRAIN HARD - EAT WELL - SMILE LOTS - GET ENOUGH SLEEP - THINK BIG - BE POSITIVE - LOVE LOTS - LIVE LIFE -

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Yum yum!!

I love my food and I love eating good food! So for xmas Pete and I got a webber kettle bbq! This is the one that cooks on coals :) Since boxing day we have been trying out different meats and cooking styles!
We've cooked a lamb roast, scotch fillet steaks, chicken breast and last night we cooked fish!!

The coals really give the meat a totally different taste! We also got some smoking chips to smoke the meats! Last nights fish was cooked with smoking chips...yummm!!!!

I also put together a selection of raw vegetables to go with it and chopped up some fresh mint from my herb garden and added that on top of the vegies! what a meal. I felt so good after eating it :)
For sweets I have a optimum nutrition choc protein shake! :-D what a meal...what a deal LOL!

This morning I did a great legs session, pretty high reps to what I usually do but still got an awesome burn from it.
Yesterday was chest and I have actually dropped down from the 17.5kg dbs to the 15s'. I want to better my technique and get more range of motion before I go heavier. I could (assisted) do the 17.5kg dbs but could get as much range of motion. I feel good in myself that I have done this and now can go harder on the 15kg dbs!! its all about good form for me :)

Pete and I also have been walking my dog up this hill near my place along the footpath, so yesterday we saw on the side of the hill a dirt track!! We just had to have a go at climbing that hill. It was very very steep, so much so that it was almost slippery to walk up! it a good 300metres!
My poor ol' doggy had to be let off the lead so he could walk up in his own time!!! This is our new challenge and today we are going for 2 reps up the hill :-D but I think we'll take bull out another way first drop him home and then go out again.

well I hope everyone is having a fabulous Tuesday!!!

*hugs and smiles* Jane

4 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Splice said...

Hello Jane :-)

When's the next BBQ? Im coming over lol.
Actually I would come and visit if we were staying in Canberra longer, only got two days to catch up with Mum and Dad, and Dad will steal most of that time in "gym talk" lol. (Can't wait).

Anyway, not long until you move up here, it will be awesome.

Take care and keep training hard.

Debs

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Janew said...

Hey Deb!

Lol you welcome anytime for a bbq!! ill have to make sure we do a good cook up for you when we move!

No worries,its important that you spend time with your parents,and it will be awesome for you to gym talk with your Dad :)

Take care too!
jane

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger RaeC said...

I absolutely LURVE webber cooked meat!! I'm planning on getting one myself to cook up my mountain of chicken on the weekend for throughout the week.

Great idea to drop the weight in favour of technique. My Coach thinks people place too much stock on the weight they are pushing and increasing it too quickly, when it's more important to get the technique right.

YOU GO GIRL!! xxx

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Janew said...

Thanks Rae!!
yeah the webber is the best!!!I just love that charcoal taste :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home