Jane's blog

- TRAIN HARD - EAT WELL - SMILE LOTS - GET ENOUGH SLEEP - THINK BIG - BE POSITIVE - LOVE LOTS - LIVE LIFE -

Thursday, December 07, 2006

How good am I :-D

I know that sounds totally pompus but seriously Im killing it in the gym.

Todays session - chest and shoulders (usually do chest at the start of the week but missed a session)

bench press
2x15 - 10kg dbs
2x8 - 12.5kg dbs
2x8 - 15kg dbs
then finally I thought Im lifting the 15kg dbs on my own now and can get 8 out pretty easy...so I grabbed the 17.5 kg dbs. Yes they did feel very heavy!!!!
I asked a guy in my gym (who trains with great form) to spot me. He said no worries and saw what I was about to lift. He goes 'did you want me to load them into your hands for you'?
Im like I really want to give it a shot myself and do all the lifting., he's cool with this.

So I sit there with the 17.5kg's in my hands...nervous....slowly lay back and push! The guy only guilded my hands to make sure I did fall out....BAM! 3 reps out, then the last 2 reps I needed alittle help.

I was so happy I jumped up all excited!! The guy was also very impressed and said good on me for doing another PB!!!
So Im a happy camper today, very excited about my strength gains :)

Just remember if you keep at anything then sooner or later things will start to change!

My goal is to get to the 20kg dbs for bench but ill give the 17.5kg dbs a few weeks to get use to them first.

Yay have an excellent day all!!

jane xoxo

4 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Splice said...

Awesome work Jane!
I went through exactly the same scenrio as that with the 20kgs. I remember Josh saying it's time to give them a shot. I did and it was the greatest feeling.

Do you do your DB presses on an incline?
I never do flat or decline.

Have a great weekend and keep those PB's going!

Deb xoxo

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chest and shoulders that's one big training session. Go you good thing! :o)

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just remember if you keep at anything then sooner or later things will start to change!
(How True is That!)
great training session Jane. I hope you where well rested over the weekend for another hard and fun week of training.

Regards Mike

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger LizN said...

Awesome job Jane :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home