Jane's blog

- TRAIN HARD - EAT WELL - SMILE LOTS - GET ENOUGH SLEEP - THINK BIG - BE POSITIVE - LOVE LOTS - LIVE LIFE -

Friday, August 24, 2007

airing your washing

Its amazing how 'airing your washing' can make you feel.
At work there has been some tension with alot of people within my team, so this morning we all went into a meeting room and talked about work, how we are feeling and just things in general.

The meeting wasnt heated at all and everyone was very adult and just spoke about what was getting them down.
After the meeting we all went back to our desks and guess what....there is a buzz in the air! People are talking and I can feel a nice energy again.
I think its so important to express how you feel and get things off your chest. There is no need to be nasty when doing this but it sure feels better getting things off your chest and just letting others know that you are only human to!

Im pretty new in the area that I am currently working so had no issues with anyone, except that some of these people are in the late 30's and even hitting 50 and that they still after all these years cant express themselves. I wonder why this is..? Is it that we are just programmed to be this way? or that people are not being honest with themselves?

It makes me feel like the kind of person I am and the kind I want to be. Team building is definitely an important factor in the work place I believe, not to mention in our lives. You are a team with your partner, friends and family we should all learn that we are different and that we react differently to all sorts of situations.
I feel like a better person today for learning this :)

So training was great this morning, I did shoulders and abs, followed by 20mins of hill reps! Was funny as I was running up and down this massive street near my place this morning and people on their way to work watching me...some of them looked shocked that I could be out there at 6.30am doing my training..it just pushed me harder!

Nutrition this week has been spot on and I feel incontrol. Im hanging for the weekend, Pete and I are heading out to lunch at Gold Creek (a place near my house) that has lots of cafes, and little shops. We are going to the Tavern, its an old pub and they have done up. We can sit in the outside area where the afternoon sun comes in and relax with a drink and watch the world go by! I love those kind of weekends where there is no rush and no plans.

I hope that everyone has a beautiful weekend too!!
*smiles* Jane

1 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger RaeC said...

I agree Jane, getting things off your chest can be really liberating. As for your question about the people who cannot express themselves, being 38 I can honestly say that it is the generation we were brought up in, and the generation our parents were brought up in and passed onto us. Although there was a lot of love in our family, we did as our parents said... no questions asked. I watch my flatmate asking and respecting her daughters wishes and feelings and wish it could have been like that for me growing up. Our parents made the decision and we did what we were told, no questions asked. So it's hard to just come out and say what is bothering us. I hope that makes sense?

Great work on the training. I would love to see the looks on those people's faces if they walked into our gym at 5.30am in the morning... it's usually packed to the rafters... LOL!! And you are so right... it does spur you on. Awesome work on the nutrition too girl... way to go!! xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home