Jane's blog

- TRAIN HARD - EAT WELL - SMILE LOTS - GET ENOUGH SLEEP - THINK BIG - BE POSITIVE - LOVE LOTS - LIVE LIFE -

Friday, April 20, 2007

Well Im as proud as punch!! I called my Mum yesterday fir a chat and she told me that for the last 3 weeks she has been on a program to loose weight!! I have been at her for ages about her weight that she has put on over the past few years and she always just put it off. Now she has gone by herself and taken responsibility for it.
She went to the local chemist who she has known for years and he has put her on a really good and easy to follow program. Lowered her carb intake as she was a carb-a-holic and added more protein and fiber rich foods to her diet.
She said she hadnt eaten bread in over 3 weeks and felt amazing for it (yes Mum like I didnt know this LOL!) Mums pretty tall (unlike myself) and weighed in at 84.9 she is now 81.2kg!! Her goal is to get to 70kg which I think would be an ideal weight for her.
Im just soooo happy for her and more so that she has done it on her own :-D

Soooo this morning was up bright and early and headed to the gym for another awesome training session. Shoulders today and I love training them!! I did lots of super sets on them and really got a good burn!

It was then onto the treadmill and I wanted to beat my 5km run time of 30:50mins...and I did it :) This time I did 5min jog warmup, then onto 10mins of intense sprints of 30secs at level 16.5 with 1min rest break. After that I did a steady jog for 15mins from level 11 through to 12.
I feel so alive!!!! Soo I did my 5km in 29mins!!!! YEAH BABY!!

well id better be off and do some work, Yay can you believe its FRIDAY!!!! I will start tomorrow with a morning spin class and then some rest and recovery!!!....maybe even a few nice wines ;)

Have a wonderful day everyone and remember believe in yourself :)

6 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger LizN said...

I love that pic of you Jane, you look so cool!

Hugs
Liz;)

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Nic said...

Hi Jane,
Your so good getting up early in Canberra. I used to live in Canberra (did high school & college there) and know what the cold is like. Sounds like you are cruising along with training....good to hear!
Have fun,
Nic

 
At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jane

Great new's regarding your Mum. How naughty is she to keep that a secret from you. Your Brother might surprize you next and do the same thing?

Have a good weekend

Mike

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Miss Positive said...

Wow now you are inspiring your mum, way to go!!!

Well done on the 5km run time, awesome progress!

Enjoy that wine!

Hilary xx

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Hi Jane,
great news about your mum!
I agree with Liz about the pic - really nice pic of you.
I always love the excitelent in your postings about your workouts.
It really radiates.
andjxx

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Janew said...

Awww thanks Liz :) dont think anyone has called me cool before!

Hey Nic..yeah Canberra sucks for winter and I do not like the cold at all..this is why I am moving to warm sunny QLD this year!!!

Thanks Mike,yeah Im sure proud of her thats for sure,fingers crossed my bro follows.

Hi hilary,I sure did enjoy that wine ;) thanks Im very happy with the progress to!

Hey Andj,yeah I just love the feeling working out gives me!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home